For a long time, the motorcycle helmet market has been dominated by carbon fiber, an ultra-light material. Brands have been reducing the weight of helmets.The idea that the lighter the better, the lighter the more expensive has been formed among motorcycle users, but is it really true?
In practical use, this kind of lightweight helmet brings riders an imperfect experience. The helmet cannot stay outside properly, but is constantly moving upward due to the influence of wind speed, which brings potential threats to riding.The blind pursuit of light weight while ignoring the stability and protection of helmets may be a major safety hazard brought by the age of fan technology.
Therefore, we can see that some brands at the time of new products, has been to avoid the light as a product point of a series of security problems, such as AGV closer to launch K5 series, shell USES a composite fiber, weight for 1390 + 50 grams, carbon fiber helmet weight 1200 grams heavier than before more than one hundred grams.The integrated spoiler design greatly reduces the airflow resistance. The fully anti-fog design lens is matched with the built-in light mask lens. The lens adopts XQRS(quick disassembly system), which can be quickly disassembled and assembled without special tools.
(1) wear the helmet without the belt. Once an accident happens, the helmet will be thrown out and cannot play a protective role.
(2) the use of polished protective lenses affects the driver's line of sight and hinders safe driving.
(3) wearing a helmet that is too narrow or too small can easily crush the nerves in the head and cause injury to the body.
(4) when the helmet is used beyond the expiration date, the life span of the helmet is generally one year. When the helmet is used beyond the expiration date, the material of the helmet changes greatly.
(5) the price is cheap.Wear inferior helmets with poor product quality and no production license.
Motorcycle helmet as an indispensable part of a knight's life, he plays a very important role. When accidents happen, he can "save" you to a certain extent. I believe that GB standard, ECE standard, DOT standard and SNELL standard recognized by the industry have been well known.
Maybe some experienced knights have heard that they can be replaced in three or five years without an accident.
But is it fact or fiction?And where are these three or five years to begin?
As a seasoning in the motorcycle industry has many years of media practitioners, can test car ride to ride to go, but I always think it is a very "private" helmet, can wear their own put on their own, and the line was sent to guangdong a few motorcycle TouKuiChang study Tours, the manufacturing process of the helmet and have some understanding of testing standard.
At the peak, his helmet cabinet also lay a dozen helmets.But it is true that there is still no precise answer as to when motorcycle helmets should be replaced.
Some of my friends who worked in motorcycle helmet factories told me it should be replaced in five years. Others said it should be replaced in three years.Others at the motorcycle safety foundation say it should be replaced within three years.