Motorcycle helmet there is no doubt about its role in protecting the lives of cyclists.According to the national highway safety insurance study, 98 percent of cyclists who died in 1999 in the United States did not wear helmets, and those who wore helmets in crashes reduced their risk of serious head injuries by 85 percent.Also, air holes in the helmet can cool the head.To use an old saying, a clear mind is more likely to win a race.
China is a large motorcycle production country, the annual output of more than 10 million, motorcycle possession of about 40 million.It is reported that since the end of 1980s, the number of traffic accident deaths in China has ranked first in the world for 10 consecutive years. From the perspective of motorcycle deaths and injuries, most of them are caused by wearing inferior helmets and incorrect helmets.
Choose the right way to wear a helmet
Due to the introduction of a set of motorcycle helmet quality testing equipment to at least one million yuan or even ten million yuan, general places have no ability to buy, so the quality of motorcycle helmet can only rely on 1-2 designated quality inspection departments to test, resulting in helmet sales management vacuum.In addition to consciously abiding by traffic rules and wearing motorcycle helmets correctly, motorcycle riders should also strengthen their awareness of rights protection. For the safety of themselves and their families, they should not buy or use shoddy motorcycle helmets.Here's a simple way to identify a motorcycle helmet：
1) the shell shall be made of materials that are hard, durable and can absorb more impact energy;Buffer layer should be able to absorb more collision energy, non-toxic, harmless materials, can cover the head of the protection zone;The gasket is composed of absorbent and breathable materials.The device should ensure the helmet and head contact firmly;The goggle is made of material that meets the light transmittance and impact force, and the light transmittance is not less than 85%.
2) helmet weight requirements: full helmet <1.6kg, half helmet <1.3kg, left and right horizontal field >105°, upper field >7°.
3) there must be fixed marks on the helmet, such as product name, manufacturer name and address, trademark, product type, product model, specification, production date, product batch number or number.
4) the helmet is divided into three sizes by head circumference: large, medium and small, 580~600mm large, 560~580mm medium, and 540~560mm small. The helmet must be selected according to its head circumference.
5) helmets should be stopped after major impact accidents.
Choose the helmet should also pay attention to the right and left to pull the helmet on both sides, and then around the head to wear, pick the opposite time, put on the helmet before and after shaking try to see whether the size is appropriate, elastic to not clip face, do not shake.The correct way to measure the weight of the helmet is to try it on your head after wearing it. If your neck doesn't feel heavy, you can.